Pascal’s parentage (German/Mauritian) has created a cool, calm, collected and very confident racer. He went to school in Meßkirch and started racing in karts at the age of 9. Progress has been quick, because talent is evident, and now Manor Racing is giving Pascal his first season of F1 racing.
Pascal’s race number is 94 as he was born in 1994! He is the current DTM German Touring Car champion, the youngest ever. Pascal notched up 15 points finishes from 18 races on his way to clinching the title for Mercedes. He has also impressed as Mercedes’ reserve driver in F1, going faster than any other driver at 2014’s Abu Dhabi tests.
In single-seaters Pascal won the ADAC Formel Masters title in 2011 and was runner up in the 2012 Formula 3 Euro Series. In fact, Pascal has never gone a calendar year without taking at least one chequered flag.
Pascal is lightning-quick and we think he’s a F1 World Champion in the making. Expect some surprises from him this season. And remember, you saw him at Manor Racing first.
I'm very proud to be driving for Manor Racing in my rookie season. There is a really strong spirit within the team with everyone pushing so hard to progress. I have learnt so much already. F1 with Manor is awesome.
DID YOU KNOW?
- During race weekends, I don’t like driving from the hotel to the track and vice versa. I only like driving an F1 car, no road cars
- I never manage to be on time for media interviews
- I can’t leave my hotel room before my hair is done
- I love night races like Singapore because it’s a later start than others in the mornings
- I have the habit of coming up with secret nicknames for people working in the Paddock
IN THE POINTS!
Partnering with Mercedes-Benz for race power and Williams for race transmission, the MRT05 has been created under the stewardship of Manor Racing’s technical director John McQuilliam