The Performance Engineer is responsible for evaluating and optimizing car setup and systems. They will support the race engineer in getting the best possible performance out of the car. This role can be factory or track side based.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and analyse car data to identify potential areas for performance improvement or any reliability concerns.
- Support the race engineer in running the car when trackside
- Factory support during events when not track side
- Perform simulations to evaluate set up directions
- Responsible for mapping changes on the car including Brake, Engine and Differential
- Fuel and brake management while the car is on track
- Maintain relevant documentation
- Support the development of race engineering tools and procedures
- Educated to an engineering degree level with a broad based education in mathematics and physics
- A Post graduate qualification with a motorsport application is desirable
- Track side experience in professional motorsport would be an advantage
- A good understanding of Vehicle Dynamics
- Expertise in the use of vehicle simulation tools
- Experienced in the use of data analysis software
Successful Candidates must also be:
- Passionate for your area of work, your colleagues and have a genuine care for the results you achieve.
- A Strong team player, trustworthy, reliable & flexible in your approach to working hours
- An Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing