Reporting to the Lead Engineering Support Engineer, the successful candidate will provide engineering support to the team; devising experiments and equipment, research, design, analysis, planning, testing and producing reports.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Devising, planning and helping to carry out research and testing activities from conception through to analysis and producing reports
- Specifying and/or designing test equipment, pit equipment, rigs, fixtures and any other components necessary to carry out testing and other activities
- Analysing on-track and other data to help frame experiments and tests when required
- Contributing towards maintaining reports, records, databases or any other documentation needed
- Engineering degree
- Strong A-level (or equivalent) in Physics and Maths
- One or more years’ experience in a high quality engineering environment of R&D activities
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of engineering principles
- Proven track record of solving engineering and related problems, demonstrating effective problem analysis, creativity and initiative in reaching solutions
- Able to use (or learn to use) a variety of software from MS Office through to bespoke programmes
- Able to use (or learn to use) NX CAD competently
- Methodically follow procedures/processes
- Willing to travel to tests/races should the need arise
Successful Candidates must also be:
- Passionate for your area of work, your colleagues and have a genuine care for the results you achieve
- Demonstrate personal drive, initiative and self-motivation
- A strong team player, trustworthy, reliable & flexible in your mind-set and readiness to work a variety of hours – non-team players need not apply
- Process focussed with the ability to problem solve, working accurately & methodically, often under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and in writing and is skilled at succinctly communicating/translating complex technical information.
- Able to demonstrate a proven ability work under pressure