As the manager of the Service Delivery group, you will be growing, nurturing and leading a small but effective IT group who provide services to the whole business, including Race and Performance Engineering, Vehicle Science, Aerodynamics, Marketing, Operations and others. In order to support these the group is naturally split into factory-side and track-side operations which you will own and manage. You will be responsible for the multimillion-pound IT budget for the company, and run the relationship with our hardware and software suppliers, license and supply agreements as well as set up the necessary processes to run all aspects of IT within the company.
Key Responsibilities will include:
You will lead the group by example, being their direct line manager and ultimately responsible for planning, managing and controlling the IT budget for the whole business. You will be in charge of all IT processes, such as desktop and mobile management, new joiners and leavers and new technology rollouts. You will also have a close working relationship with the CTO.
As the service delivery manager you will be responsible for establishing, maintaining and regularly reviewing our relationship with all technology suppliers, establishing agreements, maintaining licenses and forecasting the needs of the business on an ongoing basis.
As the person responsible for ensuring that all users have a great IT experience within the business, you need to set up the correct processes and policies in place in order to deliver outstanding service across track-side, factory and mobile users. These processes and policies must cover all day to day aspects of the business, and provide solutions to users when things go wrong. That pre-emptive aspect of your job is crucial to your success and to be able to plan and think ahead of any potential issues is one of the most important requirements listed here.
- IT budgetary responsibilities
- Line manager to service delivery technicians, both factory and track side
- Ownership of technology vendors’ relationships
- Manage licensing agreements
- Forecast business IT needs in order to budget for them
- Facilitate communications with the service delivery group across departments and IT technicians
- Working directly with technicians, partners, vendors and business stakeholders to drive the all IT projects to completion
- Champion digital transformation across the business, working closely with the Software Development Manger to design and implement processes around 1st and 3rd party tools
- Attend appropriate events/conferences both on behalf of the team but also our technology partners – both attending and presenting
- Strong budget forecasting, management and delivery
- Listening to technical advice, and using business best judgement when making budgetary decisions
- Team management through respect and empowerment
- Ability to forge relationships both internally and externally
- Robust vendor management skills
- Crafting and approving license agreements that are beneficial to the company by leveraging vendor relationships
- A well-establish portfolio of vendor relationships
- Experience with multimillion-pound budget responsibilities
- Digital transformation credentials
Successful Candidates must also be:
- Passionate for your area of work, your colleagues and have a genuine care for the results you achieve.
- A Strong team player, trustworthy, reliable & flexible in your approach to working hours
- An Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing