Last updated: February 2016
At Manor F1 team, we’re committed to our fans - we believe it’s important to protect your privacy.
We’ll collect certain personal information from you when you use our website, when you get in touch with us about competitions and, if you’re lucky enough to win, in order to gain access to your prize.
- How and why we collect your personal information;
- How we use and disclose your personal information (and to whom);
- How we protect your personal information; and
- How you can access your personal information.
3. Dealing with your personal information
3.1 Collecting your personal information
What will we collect?
The personal information we collect includes your name, email address, postal address, phone number, date of birth and any other relevant information we need in order to provide our competition to you. We’ll also track your use of our website through cookies – see section 4 below for more details.
When will we collect it?
We (and our agents) collect certain personal from and about you during your competition entry, whenever you get in contact with us or use our website or as part of providing the competition. We may also monitor and record any communications we have with you, including phone calls and emails, to make sure we are providing an excellent service to our fans.
3.2 Using your personal information
We (and our agents) may use your personal information to:
- Provide our services to you;
- Provide you with incentives or run a loyalty scheme;
- Contact you for suggestions on how we can improve the way we run our competitions and services (e.g., we may ask you to complete a survey);
- Help train our staff, including using your calls and emails as part of our quality monitoring and training processes;
- Create reports or profiles to analyse information for marketing purposes;
3.3 Contacting you
We’ll always contact you in the way you’ve asked us to contact you.
3.4 Marketing information
We (and our agents) will use your personal information for marketing purposes only if you’ve told us we can.
If you’d prefer not to receive this sort of marketing information, or want to change how you receive it, you can always contact us firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. We’ll occasionally remind you that you can update your preferences for receiving marketing information, or if you haven’t told us what your preferences are, we might get in touch to find out.
3.5 Disclosing your personal information
We may allow other organisations and people to use personal information we hold about you:
- To provide any services you have asked for, including providing information to members of your family or household and anyone acting on your behalf (provided you’ve given your consent);
- To provide you with information about our products and services or other products and services which may be of interest to you (provided you’ve given your consent);
- To help manage any reward or loyalty schemes;
- If we sell one or more of our businesses;
- If we have been asked (for example, by a regulatory authority) to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes; or
- As part of current or future legal action.
3.6 Disclosing information outside the EU
Sometimes these organisations or people may be outside the European Economic Area (EEA), so we may pass your personal information to countries that do not have the same standards or protection for personal information as the UK. If we, our agents or our service providers do this, we’ll always make sure that these organisations will secure your personal information.
3.7 Protecting your personal information
We follow strict security procedures to protect your personal information. This includes following certain guidelines (for example, checking your identity when you phone us).
From time to time, our website may provide hypertext links to sites which are created by individuals and companies outside of Manor F1 team. We do this if the site is relevant to the topic you’re reading about. Whilst we always try to check that the content of these sites is suitable, we cannot take any responsibility for the practices of the companies who publish the sites that we link to, or the accuracy or relevance of the content on them.
3.8 Accessing your personal information
You can contact us and ask for a description of any personal information we hold about you, what we’re using it for and who has access to that personal information.
You can also ask us to delete or correct personal information we hold about you if it’s wrong.
If you do contact us, we’ll need to verify your identity and we may in some circumstances also charge a fee (up to a maximum of £10) for responding to your request.
To request personal information, please email email@example.com or write to Data Protection, Manor Technical Centre, Chalker Way, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 4XD, UK.
4.1 What are cookies?
A cookie is a piece of information stored in a small file which is sent to and from web pages. They can be used to identify that you’ve visited websites before and some will be stored on your computer by your web browser. They are anonymous, so they don’t store any personal information of any kind.
4.3 Manor F1 team’s websites
We use short-term cookies to recognise your PC as you move around our site and to remember any information you have entered into search boxes for next time you visit us.
4.4 Measuring web traffic
4.5 How can you manage cookies and where can you find further information?
You can also stop us collecting data through the following sources:
- Mixpanel - download an opt-out browser add-on - the Mixpanel opt-out browser can be found here.
- Google Analytics Advertising Features – visit www.google.com/setting/ads and adjust your personal settings as per their instructions;
However, please remember some of our cookies are essential for our websites to work properly.
The internet industry body, the Internet Advertising Bureau, has set up a website to provide information and advice on cookies, tags and behavioural advertising, you can click here to find out more about behavourial advertising. Another trusted source which gives information about how to delete and control cookies is http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
If you have any questions about the way we handle your personal information, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to help you.